Nellie"s Needles

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Blue Lake


Blue Lake #84 - 21"x 17"

It's been a while since I've added to my lake series. The last being the three gray and orange mini-series made especially for my Michigan gallery's 23rd anniversary show. This one was commissioned through Good Goods. It was completed the night before my recent surgery. I needed to make this one not only for the customer, but for my psyche. It's blue for her with the a touch of uncertain weather on the horizon reflecting my situation at that time.

9 comments:

Trudi said...

Glad you are doing well, all things considered. I think it's very Interesting how we weave our own lives into our work, commissioned or not, we leave a part of ourselves there. Healing on another level :). Be well

Quiltdivajulie said...

Beautiful.

Perhaps as you feel better, there's another of these waiting to illustrate your healing journey.

I grew up on the water and it conveys SO many emotions . . .

Heather said...

I find this quilt very soothing in spite of the 'uncertain weather'. I could look at it for hours. I hope you found comfort in it's making.

June Calender said...

A beautiful quilt -- the more beautiful because of the uncertain clouds at the top and the somewhat roiled lake. It's good to hear that you are pscyhologically returning to creative activity.

Julie said...

Good to see you appearing in blogland again. I hope all the uncertain weather soon rolls away and you feel strong again.

liniecat said...

Its wonderful!

Nina Marie said...

ohhh this is lovely!! I especially love the impressionistic quality of it! I want to invite you to share this post (or another from this week) in my link party - Off the Wall Fridays. Its for quilt artists who want to share their creative endeavors for the week - its helping us to keep motivated and connected!

Unknown said...

lovely! I "feel" the uncertain weather on the horizon. XOXO

Sue Spurlock said...

Even though the uncertainty is there, the overall effect for me is surrender and peaceful.