Nellie"s Needles

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

ArtPrize 2011 Report

ArtPrize is over ... sigh! "Imelda's Dream II" got a lot of attention and votes from among the 500,000 people who visited Grand Rapids, Michigan during those 19 days. I feel honored to have been one of 1,582 artist participants in this grand scale art event that covered over 3 square miles of the downtown, plus the botanical garden of that city, Miejer's Gardens.

Janice of Good Goods Gallery in Saugatuck hung my entry. I'm grateful that gallery is so generous to me. I was there to hand up tools and help to determine it's levelness by eye. It's surprising how much actual levelness according to a leveling tool can differ from the visual one. It's all relative to the art pieces relationship to the architecture of the building.
Between her expertise and the lighting guy who works for the DeVos Place Convention Center, it was beautifully lit.

That walkway was filled with people on the days that I spent with my piece to talk with those who were interested.
Interaction between the artists and viewers is a major goal of this event. Go here to see a video that explains ArtPrize wonderfully well.

19 comments:

allie aller said...

Congratulations, Nellie. It's a great quilt!
Hope ArtPrize continues on for many years to come.

darcey said...

Well done. Every time I see this particular quilt, I smile. It is exquisite.
Darc
xxoo

Heather said...

Well done Nellie - I'm not surprised that your wonderful quilt caught the public's attention and admiration.

Julie said...

Good to see you here again Nellie. YOur quilt looks fabulous!

term papers said...

great post!

Deborah M. said...

That is the most fun quilt. I love it.

Beverly said...

I've missed you out in blogland, and wondered if this was what was keeping you busy. It looks great- congratulations on your participation in this event!

p said...

glad you had another good year nellie!

Michele Bilyeu said...

Such awesome fun for everyone! Congratulations to in all ways!!!

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Your quilt is very lovely creative and the all the colors you choose made it vibrant and exciting. Love it. Congratulation!! Hugs Judy

West Michigan Quilter said...

It is a beautiful quilt and I got so excited when I saw it. There were so many people gathered around looking at it that it was difficult for me to get a picture, but I did! You are an awesome quilter.

essay writing said...

that is a great post! thansk alot for sharing with us! appreciate it!

Colleen Kole said...

This is a great picture of you and your beautiful piece. And you had a great spot for many, many people to enjoy it. Sad for it to be over with.

web promo said...

Awesome blog. I enjoyed reading your articles. This is truly a great read for me. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles.Keep up the good work!

mokrasouth said...

Glad to see a post after your long hiatus. We miss you at bee. TN is just beginning to hit peak color season. Come on back and enjoy a second round!
Deb

resume writers said...

i liked this post very much! thask you for sharing your thoughts and experience! hope you wouldnt mind if i share it with my friends! thanks again!

Alexandra said...

Congrats for this amazing exhibit!

аксессуары для apple said...

"Imelda's Dream II" - the best.

case study said...

You broke the records, what a work you done, so amazing i am surprised to see the work, the people standing near the painting continuously smiling and make them smile others, i see in video all peoples enjoys your exhbibition, and its great achievement that about 500,000 people visited your exhibition.GOD bless you more.