Nellie"s Needles

Sunday, February 07, 2010

Pages

Recently I became aware of "Pages", a fairly recent offering from Blogger. To quote blogger,

"Blogger pages let you to publish static information on stand-alone pages linked from your blog. For example, you can use pages to create an About This Blog page that discusses the evolution of your blog, or a Contact Me page that provides directions, a phone number, and a map to your location."
This feature was brought to my attention by one of the administrators for the "Interpret This" blog, Debra. That blog is now set up for each of the ten participating artists to have a separate "page" to post additional material about the art made to meet the monthly challenges. I've chosen to use my Page to highlight the results of each month. This includes a photo, brief description, and a link to the reveal post on the blog that gives all the details of how I created it.

I've also composed my first page for this blog. It contains the tutorials that I've written through the years in my blog posts. All of those posts with tutorials could be found by clicking "tutorials" in the label section of my sidebar. However, it was necessary to scroll through up to 33 posts to find the post with an instruction that was being looked for. Now the tutorials are categorized according to the type of instruction such as construction, embellishing, designing, quilting, and projects. Each includes a brief description. Clicking on a particular instruction (the title is a live link) takes you directly to the post it's written in. To see how this works and looks, go to my sidebar, scroll down to "NELLIE'S TUTORIALS" and click to see that page. A neat thing about it is that I can add future tutorials just by editing that page. Now, the question is, "How will I use the other 9 pages that Blogger will allow for my blog?"

Information about how to add "Pages" to your blog can be found here.

4 comments:

Trudi said...

Thanks for sharing this Nellie, it's really interesting to know more about blogger. And I love how your tutorials are all organised and easy to get to too. Thanks

Deb Lacativa said...

Thanks for giving me one more dang thing to fool with on the web!. Now,
I wonder if I can make a page just for all the crap that's in my sidebar?

Julie said...

This looks a good idea for organising your blog, Nellie. Thank you for telling us about it.

Elizabeth Braun said...

Wonderful Nellie, THANKS! I've been waiting for a function like this to arrive on Blogger and now I can finally get using it!