Nellie"s Needles

Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Inspiration Comes Thru the Mail

ALL this wonderful inspiration arrived in my mail box the other day. These goodies came from Deb who was clearing excess "stuff" out of her studio.
I couldn't wait to get out of bed this morning to play with that pile "stuff". I separated out wonderfully dyed bits of fabric for fall trees in the maybe Smoky Mountain series, some pieces went into the Lake series bag, and I pulled "stuff" for this idea.
A few choice pieces are laid out on a background of heavy upholstery brocade (a gift from another friend) that is pieced together alternating sides (front/back). For quite some time I've been tempted to create a "slow piece" ala Jude of Spirit Cloth. This just may be that project. It would be a fun challenge to incorporate that bright blue cotton crocheted medallion.

I cut Deb's ball of rainbow rayon ribbon yarn into various lengths and tied it into this mutual project with which my young friend Katrina and I are playing.
This piece has been hanging in my studio for over a month without having an idea of what my next contribution should be. Come to think of it, there are some of Deb's bits and pieces incorporated in my first round of this project. Go here to read about the last round robin project Katrina and I created.

2 comments:

jude said...

oh deb has great stuff ! and this is so cool. i am watching!!!

Unknown said...

Oh FUN!!! It is all looking so interesting. I loved your last round robin creation with Katrina and am really looking forward to seeing what you do with this one!