Nellie"s Needles

Saturday, January 13, 2007

More Valentines for Soldiers

I'm wishing there were more hours in a day. Only five postcards were completed today. That initial burst of enthusiasm for a project is when a lot gets done ... and I'm reluctant to do anything but. The above land/sea scape pieces are constructed from the trimmings of three projects. The sky parts are from the shelf foreground of one of the shoe blocks of "Imelda's Dream" quilt. I don't recognize where the others are from.
These two are purely textural. They're comprised of a leftover chenille fabric that I had created for a section of a jacket I named "Where's Elvis?" using various techniques from Judith Murrah's book, Jacket Jazz.

I can't wait to get back at these tomorrow.

*All photos are clickable for you to view a larger version in a separate window. Click the back arrow icon of your server to get back to this post.
*Click on a label to see all postings featuring that subject.

2 comments:

Maureen said...

Nellie
I get so much enjoyment (and stimulation) from viewing your work.
As usual your Ortwork has strong appeal,and your faux chenille.........my offcuts ended up as humbug shaped bags!
Maureen

Helen said...

Nellie, these postcards are wonderful! What a great way to use up leftover chenille fabric.