Nellie"s Needles

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

"Bling" the Last Shoe

"Bling" is the fanciest shoe in my "Imelda's Dream" quilt. It is made from an antique piece of hand-beaded and sequined lace that was in my lace collection. I hesitated to cut that wonderful lace apart. However, it was unseen and unappreciated hidden away in a drawer.This quilt, "Imelda's Dream" is currently exhibited at MB Gallery in Chicago, Illinios.All photos are clickable for you to view a larger version in a separate window. Click the back arrow icon of your server to get back to this post.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is one very cool quilt!

Helen said...

Nellie

Thank you for posting a picture of the finished quilt. It is abbofabbo!

Unknown said...

Nellie,
Where is the MB gallery? I cant find a listing for it here. I would love to see this!
Karen

quiltcontemplation blogspot said...

Stunning quilt. Beautiful piece of art!

Nellie's Needles said...

Karen,
MB Gallery is visited by appointment during the winter months. Here's the information:

407 N. Elizabeth (60622)
Tel 312-226-1830

You csn find a map on the "Chicago Gallery News" website (google either that or MB Gallery to get there). The gallery is in the West Loop section.

Ali Honey said...

Congratulations! It is beautiful. Imelda would have loved it, such high heels.

arlee said...

Now *that* is a stunning shoe! I'd wear it! :}

Deborah M. said...

I absolutely love this quilt. i wish I'd thought of that!