Nellie"s Needles

Monday, May 29, 2006

I'm Off

I am off to Michigan. This space won't have any additions for about a week. Here's a quilt I had begun last summer that features our family cottage on Lake Michigan.

"MaCowCowa" - 20"x27" -2006

I used a "wonky" perspective to portray this 3-story barn of a cottage that has a cow theme. Hence, the name for the cottage. My intent was to convey the summer fun atmosphere that pervades. There is a fairly constant stream of family and friends visiting us and the beach. We have a lot of fun, sun, comraderie, good food, creative energy and projects ... and of course Elvis.

Give a honk and a wave if you see a black trailer on the road with a sign that asks, "Where's Elvis?" between Tennessee and Michigan in the next few days.

5 comments:

Quiltgranny said...

I love the wonky edges to this! Please share how you do the edges? Is that couching?

Deb R said...

That's a gorgeous quilt!!

Have a safe journey and wave at me when you pass through Kentucky. :-)

Mary K. McGraw said...

your summer place looks like a fun place as evoked in your art work.

Finn said...

What a fun rendering of your summer place..*VBS* It looks just like the perfect place for fun, sun, laughing and relaxing.
Hope the trip goes smoothly, I'll be looking east for you...*VBS*

Tonya Ricucci said...

Ooh, love how the house dips and waves - wonderful. Enjoy your vacation.